Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Creed:


I would live so that Heavenly Father and my Savior are welcome to be part of my life. I would like to think that they could be comfortable to be with me in my day to day activities. That means that I must control myself and think appropriate thoughts, view appropriate and uplifting television shows and movies, communicate in wise and loving ways, listen to good music, read good books, study the scriptures more diligently, pray each night (and not just fall into bed). The computer should be my aid and not my master. I need to stop wasting time, losing my temper and, above all, I need to not be critical, judgmental, jealous and selfish. 

I would treat all my fellow beings with kindness. My goal, through all my life, has been to be kind to all and treat all people as I would like to be treated. In practice, I have found it more difficult to treat well those who have wronged me. I have learned, through long years of practice, that it is best to attempt to make peace with all and to think well of even those who do not like me. I have more compassion for those who do not like me with good reason. Sometimes my actions in standing up for what I believe have been justified. Sometimes they have not, but I do not like to have bad feelings with anyone. Especially when it is my error, I need to continue to work toward peace. I would be forgiving.

Another goal, based on principle, is to always keep on working to improve and to learn and to accept new challenges. I think that failure is only that if I cease trying. As I age, I would endure to the end. I know that Heavenly Father is in control and that there are no accidents. Someone said that everything happens for a reason. I am learning that even trials in life are for my best good.

I would work at nurturing my most important relationships by being affirming, positive, considerate and giving of self and personal time. I will continue to seek out those who need a show of increased love and give them that love. I need to always stop, pause, and remember that I am a daughter of God and He loves me and I love Him. I also love my Savior. I would show this love by treating my family as though they are the princes and princesses of a royal lineage.

No comments:

Post a Comment